Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Color Me Rad 5K

This past Sunday, June 17th (Father's Day), was the Color Me Rad 5K. Lily and I registered for the race and then found out a few of my co-workers also signed up, some with their kids as well.

It was soooo much fun. The weather was beautiful and it was a really great race for a good cause. It benefits the Special Olympics. I was very hesitant and nervous about the race with being only 3 and 1/2 weeks post partum. I hadn't been out for a run since I was about 8 weeks pregnant with Laney. I was worried about not being able to finish the race and being very sore the next day from not "training" for it.

I finished the entire race with no problems at all. It felt great to complete the 5K without stopping for any breaks or feeling like I was going to die. I felt amazing as I crossed the finish line. I was a little sore the next day, but not as bad as what I was thinking. I can't wait to get back out there and run again. It was definitely motivation to get me back into my pre-pregnancy running routine.

I am looking forward to participating in this race again in the future if/when it comes to my area again. It wasn't a timed race, since it's for more for the fun! I forgot to set my app on my iPhone to time myself :( I know for sure that it was less than 40 minutes though! Here are a few pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment